Table of contents
Did you ever notice that professional ceramic-coated vehicles have the highest glossy mirror-like finish when compared to DIY ceramic-coated vehicles!! What is their secret? Are they using some magical ceramic coating that gives an instant mirror-like finish? The answer is NOO! They are using the same ceramic coating liquid.
The difference between a regular DIY ceramic coating customer and a professional detailer is. That they do colour correction by polishing your vehicle. Car polish is a product that helps to eliminate surface scratches, swirls, dirt, oxidation, and other minor imperfections. Polish should be used before a wax or ceramic coating, as it helps to restore auto paint that has lost its shine due to oxidation.
Today we will discuss “How we can polish a car quickly with our hands”. As we all know, car polishing is something you must do each year if you are not ceramic coated your vehicle. But the worst part is that you often have to pay a considerable amount for advanced machine polishing work. Although you can polish a vast area of the car within a shorter period with the help of most modern machines, the reality is that most automobile enthusiasts might not get the desire or enough funds to spend on machine polishing. They are the same process; the difference is that the machine makes your job much easier.
What are the Benefits of Car Polish
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking about polishing the car? Well, the majority of people might even once think about the cost. Undoubtedly yes, it’s costly at many car polishing centres. It eases your workload, but what if a DIY polish can fix this considerably, giving your car the same mirror-like glossy look, just like you first brought the vehicle? However, hand polishing is a time-consuming procedure. Now it’s up to you to choose what. Let me ask you one more thing, why is it so essential to polish a car? Have you ever thought of it? Well, our answer for that would be somewhat like this, Polishing your vehicle gives you more than just making it look good. Yes, you heard it right; car polishing has numerous advantages. It is the best way to extend the life of the paintwork, improve the finish, and fix imperfections made by dirt and debris. Now, let us vividly look deeply into the advantages of polishing a car.
- Corrects paint Defects: These days, it’s hard to find a car without a small glitch. Sometimes, it’s more like swirl marks, which are hard for a human to catch at first look. All such faults can entirely get cleared through car polishing.
- Remove spots: Sometimes, the polish can not fill all the hidden spots on painted areas. This issue could fix by giving a thorough polishing will make them harder to see
- Eliminate scratches: Another great advantage of car polishing is removing shallow scratches with a coat of car polish. If they are small enough, polish fills these areas and eliminates scratches.
- Provides a smooth and glossy look: The different properties of car polish, such as buffing, smoothing, and proper filling, help you to achieve extra shine stunning, bright outlook. We highly recommend a wax coating to keep everything sealed.
- Extends the life of the paintwork: Polishes maintain the life of paint by removing dirt that is too hard to wash away with regular washing. It also helps condition the paintwork, making it more resistant to cracking, drying, and peeling.
- Reduce car wash frequency: A car polish act as a protective layer. It helps you to clean dirt and debris quickly with a wipe.
Machine Polishing vs Hand Polishing
Are you confused about choosing between machine polish and hand polish? Well, that’s ok. It’s very usual. Today we are going to discuss machine and hand polishing to give you a better insight so that next time you can choose one. As you know, machine polishing is widely viewed as done by professionals with the help of high-end technologies, mostly done by automotive industries. Whereas most at-home car enthusiasts will polish their vehicles by hand using a paste or spray on wax or polish.
Hand polishing is the process of polishing the car using the power of the hand. This process is straightforward; you have to apply the polish on the chosen area and wipe it off with a clean microfiber cloth. Additionally, hand polish is much safer. It also reduces the possibility of burning the car’s paint. This usually occurs when a machine does polishing at high speed.
Furthermore, hand polishing works best for cars that are less damaged by the sun and other factors such as snow and exterior elements. Yet, it can give a shiny glossy look and protection and enhance the vehicle’s look and finish.
Buy Our Edgeless Microfiber Plush Buffing Cloth Here!
In the case of machine polishing, it uses strength, speed, and movement to work the polish thoroughly on the paint surface. This is mostly done by professionals, You have to rotate the polishing machine at a fixed speed for a particular time to make sure it eliminates only small amounts of clear coat on the car’s paint. If it is not done correctly: it might inflict severe damage to car paint with effects such as buffer trails, holograms, and even burning through the paint’s surface.
Which is The Best Car Polish Available in India for Hand Polishing
When choosing a polish, you must look for its formulation, Abrasiveness and application specifications.
- FORMULATION: Several formulations are available for your car, depending on your car’s paint. Most are just plain car polish with no silicone, wax, or other additives. Other formulations include both a polish and wax, saving you a step and a sore arm. However, separate polish, wax, and sealant coats look better and protect your car more effectively.
- ABRASIVENESS: Most of the modern polish available in the market use abrasive that helps break them down into smaller particles as they are buffed into the body, which makes the surface smoother and more elegant. Most of the formulations available these days can be used for any vehicle, but it’s good to double-check since some speciality products have varying grades of abrasiveness.
- APPLICATION: Application methods are the same for most car polishes. Wash and dry the car first. Adopt a special formula applicator. Apply the product using circular motions to one section at one time. Allow drying to a haze. Wipe off with a clean, soft cloth, turning it frequently.
So what polish do we recommend?
We recommend you choose Motor Headz Quick Polish. This polish is a high-end car polish which is very easy to use and a time-saving product, this polish will work with any paint job, and it can apply with a soft cloth, One of the main reasons why we recommend Motor Headz Quick Polish is that we have tested many other car polishes but we never really get the result we want, but since using Motor Headz, its is much smoother and gives long-lasting shine. The formulation is excellent for restoring colour, depth, and gloss.
How To Polish a car by hand?
- Make sure your car is washed and dried. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Take your chosen microfiber cloth or foam (Flamingo car polish comes with foam, no need to purchase a separate microfiber cloth)
- Drop a little pea-sized amount of polish on it.
- Apply the product using circular motions to one section at one time. Allow drying to a haze. Wipe off with a clean, soft cloth, turning it frequently.
- Once you complete the polish, you might see some white cloud foam on the areas where you polish, but don’t worry, buff it off with a microfiber cloth.
You should now leave with a vastly improved finish, with either the swirl marks completely gone or reduced. If you see any scratches or swirl marks again, repeat the above steps by putting a little bit more pressure on that area. You may need to use a rubbing compound if your scratches are deep. We recommend you ceramic coat your vehicle to add an extra layer of protection above your vehicle paint. So the vehicle paint will not fade and prevent future small swirl marks and scratches.
Do You Want To Read More On This Topic? Check out These Articles:
- Stop Searching For Ceramic Coating Detailers Near You! You can Save Money By Choosing Super Ceramic Coating DIY Bottle.
2 thoughts on “What Is The Difference Between Hand Polishing and Machine Polishing? How To Polish Your CAR/ Bike BY HAND!”
Should i use wax before doing super ceramic coating on my bike??
You should remove wax before applying Super Ceramic Coating. You can use IPA to remove wax and polishing residue.