Table of contents
Many of us like to keep our vehicles the way it was when we drove them for the first time, but with time and the environment, the colour slowly starts to fade. Most people searching for ceramic coating detailers in their area may not be aware of the cost of ceramic coating their bike or car. Normally a detailer charges around 15,000₹ for a Motorcycle ceramic coating and 30,000₹- 50,000₹ for car and SUV ceramic coating.
DIY ceramic coatings have grown popular over the years, and now every other person is trying to do it on their own without spending much on installers. And there is definitely a good reason for that. The detailers charge around 15000₹ to 50,000₹ for ceramic coating because they have expenses like shop rent, salary, infrastructure cost etc. But if you can do it yourself, you can save so much money protecting your vehicle’s paint from environmental contaminants and colour fading.
What to look for when Choosing Ceramic Coating Application?
Ceramic coating is a kind of exterior vehicle finish. It is hand applied liquid polymer. A ceramic coating bonds with the vehicle by a chemical technique called nano-coating that creates a protective layer on the surface. Nano coating or nano sealing is basically the coating of an application or vehicle where nano structures build a network and bind tightly to each other, making it superhydrophobic. It also repels dry particles, oil, and dirt from its surface.
- Hydrophobic formula: One of the most important features of ceramic coating is its hydrophobic nature. This means the water will be repelled and won’t accumulate on the surface. Snow and ice won’t stick to the surface, either.
- Mud and dirt repellant: Ceramic coatings work much better than ordinary paint job; it doesn’t allow water to accumulate on the surface. And most importantly, dirt, dust, and mud also smoothly slide off the surface, so you need not worry about it when going out of the city.
- UV damage protection: Exposing your car to the sun makes the paint fade and look dull. This is basically caused by the UV rays of the sun, which react with the chemicals and fades the colour. But when it comes to ceramic coatings, they are UV proof which means they will protect your car from UV rays and not let your paint fade away, reducing the process of oxidation.
- Long-lasting care: Adding a layer of ceramic coating to your car is like adding an extra layer of protection. The new coating bonds with the molecular structure of your car paint, and it can’t be easily removed, which makes it last longer, not for months but for years. But how long does it lasts? It solely depends on you and the kind of maintenance you are providing.
The nanocoatings do not change the colour of the vehicle’s surface or any appliance to which it is being applied. It enhances the colour, so you must ensure that your car or motorcycle paint is from scratches and imperfections before applying the ceramic coating. You can read more about what is ceramic coating and how it works here.
How is a ceramic coating applied?
Now that you have chosen the right DIY for your car, its now time to look into the installation process. Many freak out about DIY, but it can be easier than expected. We at super ceramic coating ensure that our clients do not get into trouble while coating their vehicles. You need to read the process below and follow the instructions,
Preparation: Before starting to apply the DIY ceramic coating, make sure you have washed your car and are free from all the contamination; this makes the paint polish to a high standard and lasts longer.
Installation: After the cleaning is done to install the DIY coating, follow the below steps
What are the Pros and Cons of DIY Nano Ceramic Coatings?
It basically depends on the amount of work that you are willing to do. When you compare the best A-grade ceramic coatings with the best DIY ceramic coating kits, the quality of each product is undoubtedly based on prep work and application.
It is quite convenient to hand over this task to a professional, but you’ll need to pay a premium price. For some consumers, it only makes sense to go for professionally installed products. However, your comfort levels also matter a lot. So if you want to undertake this task, purchase a high-quality DIY Ceramic Coating Product, which is easy to install and has an exceptional hydrophobic effect. Also, ensure that the production company offers superior customer support with easy-to-follow instructions.
The other option that offers a similar kind of hardness and protection level as the ceramic pro installed product is a high-quality DIY ceramic coating product. The do-it-yourself formula is a bit different compared to the pro-grade stuff because it is designed to improve installation. It requires slightly less prep work and can be easier to install. However, like professional products, some PROS and CONS exist to consider.
Also Read In Detail: What is Ceramic Coating? The Benefits Of Ceramic Coating and Price
Advantages OF DIY Super Ceramic Coating
- Less Costly: It costs more than $1,000 to get this work professionally done. While on the other hand, a high-quality DIY nano-ceramic coating will cost about 90% less.
- Superior Hydrophobic Properties: DIY ceramic coatings offer immense shine and hydrophobic properties/
- Provides the same service in terms of length: On average, the professional, as well as the DIY products, offer approximately the same level of protection for the same period.
- Exceptional Customer Support: Well, at least from us. You can contact us with any queries you have.
Disadvantages of DIY Ceramic Coating Application
- It takes effort to prep the vehicle: There is no way to sugarcoat this! If you want great results from any paint protection product, you’ll have to do some prep work in advance. DIY ceramic kits are no different in this aspect, and so it can be labour-intensive. The quality of your paint surface will primarily determine how much prep work would be required.
- Some inferior products on the market: Like the high and professional-grade coatings, some are better than others. The DIY segment is packed with inferior products with exaggerated claims, so do thorough research before you purchase.
As mentioned above, it is very easy to DIY ceramic coating. However, it does require a certain amount of care and some preparation. Take out some free time to do it properly, and your car and motorcycles will have the desired layer of protection.